Silk’n Jewel XL features
- Clinically proven and patented HPL™ technology
- Touch & Glide technology
- For the entire body and face
- 150,000 light pulses
- Long lasting - no need for replacement cartridges
- 5 power levels
- Adjustable speed
- Built-in skin colour sensor
- May be used after tanning (energy level 1)
- Plug in and go with no charging needed
- 3 cm² coverage area
- 2 year warranty included
Patented HPL™ technology
HPL™ (Home Pulsed Light™) is exclusive to Silk’n and is the at-home version of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), a technology used to permanently remove unwanted hair from the body using light pulses. This technology has been developed from use of over 15 years of IPL technology and is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis. It works by delivering wide spectrum optical energy, which is then absorbed by the dark melanin pigment of the hair. The energy is then transformed into heat which destroys the hair shaft and then in turn the follicle so that it can’t grow back.
What’s smart about the HPL™ technology in the Silk’n Jewel XL is how the device uses lower energy levels but with peak high power for the best efficiency and safety at home. As the optical energy is transmitted through a very fast pulse duration, it eliminates any adverse effect on the surrounding tissues that may occur with lasers or IPL. It also means less irritation for the skin so no cooling mechanism such as a gel or cooling light guide is needed. This makes it some of the most convenient, advanced and safe technology for permanent hair removal at home available.
5 power levels
This innovative device features 5 power settings that control the frequency of the HPL™ flashes. It works by using different speeds per setting so that you can easily control the pulses for your skin type and hair colour. For example, level 1 is the fastest level as it emits 1 pulse per second and is best for darker skin types or those recently out in the sun. Level 5 is the slowest but most effective level as it emits 1 pulse per 3.5 seconds, making it best for lighter skin types and is seen to lead to the best removal results as the flash works on the hair follicles for longer.
Built-in Skin Colour Sensor
One of the most common worries and questions when it comes to permanent hair removal devices is to do with if it will work on different hair and skin colours. Many also worry about different areas of their body having different tones such as when tanning. Silk’n recognise this and have created their devices to be as inclusive and flexible as possible. The Silk’n Jewel XL features a built-in Skin Colour Sensor that automatically scans your skin and can recognise it’s colour and the level of light pulses needed. If the skin is too dark for the current setting, the device will not emit light pulses so you can switch to a lower setting, ensuring complete safety. What’s more, it also features a safety mechanism similar for the eyes; the Silk’n Jewel XL will only emit a light flash if the applicator is in direct contact with the skin, meaning if it is aimed at the air (or your eyes) you are protected.
Touch & Glide technology
For the ultimate ease of use, the Silk’n Jewel XL features just one button. This may sound too simple to be true but actually, as the device does all the work for you with detecting skin tones and only emitting flashes when it is on the skin, it's all that's needed! Thanks to this intelligent design, you no longer need to fuss and waste time with pressing buttons for the light flashes yourself; you just simply put the device in contact with your skin and it automatically emits light pulses. This allows you to simply press the button to turn it on and to the right level and then go, gliding from one area of the body to the next with ease!
150,000 light pulses
Silk’n Jewel XL stores precisely 150,000 light pulses, meaning it is made to be long lasting. It also means you won’t need to worry about having to buy extra replacement cartridges like with many competitors products, and that there will be no sneaky extra costs to think about - making it a great long term investment (especially compared to a single IPL salon session where prices can range anywhere from £50-£300 for a single body part!). Thanks to its massive 150,000 light pulses, there are plenty for multiple uses on your entire face and body, even for those with thicker hair!
Average costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Jewel XL
One-off investment for the whole body
How to use
Before your first session, decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Jewel XL Device
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Why buy from us?
As Silk’n products are so popular and can be in such high demand, there can unfortunately be many companies out there selling fake versions of their devices. We, on the other hand, are an official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner, meaning you can rest assured you are getting the real deal. You can also have piece of mind knowing that if in the rare case that you have any issues, we can work directly with the manufacturer to get them sorted.
This device should not be used by children, pregnant or nursing women or adults with limited physical sensory or psychological capacities or those lacking experience and knowledge in how to use the device. Do not use the device on tattoos, permanent make-up or areas of active eczema or other skin conditions. Do not use energy levels 2-5 on tanned skin or after recent sun exposure (including artificial tanning machines). Keep the device away from water. For more information on safely and efficiently using the device, we suggest to read the full user manual.
At ShytoBuy we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.
100% based on 3 ReviewsLeave a review
just start to use it and easy to use, small and convienient, worth the price and will see the result maybe after two or three circle, thanks
really worth the money! I used to spend a lot of money waxing and this is cheaper in the long run and sooo much less painful
Really easy to use and good value for money. Still in the process of using it though so looking forward to the results!