Understand Your Skin Colour
Skin colour is determined by the amount of melanin present in your skin where people with dark skin tone are believed to have it in higher quantities. Although the quantity of this brown pigment in your skin is mainly decided by your genes, there are other factors that can also increase melanin production which eventually darkens the skin tone. These include prolonged exposure to polluted air, hormonal imbalances, and heavy usage of cosmetics, ageing, unbalanced diet, stress, heredity, certain environmental factors, dry skin, genetic, some medical conditions, improper lifestyle choices, and many more. Therefore, the trend of using skin lightening products which can reduce the melanin concentration in the skin is far-reaching popularity.
Why In-Office Skin Lightening Treatments Can Be Harmful?
Need For Skin Lightening Products
The demand for skin lighteners, including bleaching creams and whiteners is increasing tremendously. But, what is the reason behind this demand? The reasons for using skin lighteners vary from person to person.
- Some choose it to lighten their complexion, while others use them to cover the unsightly spots and freckles.
- Many use skin lightening products to treat skin problems such as age spots, pigmentation, acne scars, or discolouration.
- Hyperpigmentation is a result of excessive sun exposure, while sometimes it can occur due to hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy or when you change oral contraceptive pills. You can use these lighteners to reduce the hyperpigmentation too.
As you now know, a skin lightening product is one that works by reducing melanin in the skin. You can choose it over any painful and costly cosmetic procedure that promises to make you fairer, but may actually not. This technique may not only help to treat skin problems such as freckles, age spots, acne scars, discolouration and hyperpigmentation but also naturally lighten your skin tone.
Best Ingredients In Skin Lightening Creams
Traditionally most of the over-the-counter skin lightening products used a prescription ingredient called hydroquinone. As per regulations, a non-prescribed treatment should only contain up to 2% hydroquinone, while a dermatologist could write prescription for lighteners that contain 4%-6% hydroquinone. So to buy a product with hydroquinone it was important to check with your doctor and use it only if he would permit. Though it was popular and effective, hydroquinone could cause certain level of skin damage. After all, it's a chemical compound. For this reason, marketers soon start coming up with skin lighteners that used natural ingredients. A cream, serum or soap that contains natural skin lightening ingredients could be a far safer and better choice.
There are natural alternatives available with ingredients such as arbutin, kojic acid, emblica extract and Vitamin C, which can be soothing on your skin and allow you to quickly be on your way to beautiful, bright, and healthy skin. Also remember, products with high water content are more compatible with a wider variety of skin types and help in better absorption of ingredients into your skin.
To get the same benefits of hydroquinone without any side effects, arbutin which is a natural source of hydroquinone can be a much healthier alternative. There are three forms of arbutin used in skin lightening products which are Alpha-arbutin, beta-arbutin, and deoxy-arbutin. Although all three types have the ability to inhibit melanin and are medically proven to be safe and effective for lightening skin, Alpha-arbutin is considered being the most effective and stable agent. You can find it in the ingredient list of Skinception Illuminatural 6i Advanced Skin Lightener.
This extract is derived from the Indian gooseberry plant which has been used for medicinal purposes in India for many years. Emblica extract is believed to be a powerful antioxidant that can help the skin to retain its natural moisture while protecting it from photo-damage and oxidative stress. As one of the skin lightening ingredient in creams like Skin Doctors SD White & Bright, emblica extract is seen to help suppress the production of melanin in a considerable safe and natural way.
The benefits of vitamin C for the skin and body are well-known to most of us, both when ingested and used topically. It plays a key role in the production of collagen, a protein that provides firmness and elasticity to your skin. Even emblica extract contains this antioxidant which helps it to protect against damage to the skin from free radicals. Vitamin C also aids in the formation of scar tissue and skin repair. For this reason the entire range of Makari Extreme Carrot & Argan includes Vitamin C with other natural skin lightening ingredients that helps achieve a brighter skin tone.
Tips For Choosing Skin Lightening Products
In case you're not able to figure out the best skin lightening product for you, don’t worry! By best, we mean the product that's high in quality and soothing on your skin. A harsh product is only going to double your troubles and this has nothing to do with the cost of the product too. A good skin lightening product must have a few more functions like:
- Reversing the early signs of aging
- Reducing pore size
- Giving the skin a youthful glow
- Beautifying skin tone and texture
- Correcting pigmentation problems
- Lightens the most intimate skin
- To address skin issues associated with hyperpigmentation, skin whitening creams are often formulated using powerful synthetic ingredients which could further damage your skin.
Several treatment options have been brought to you by ShytoBuy for their effectiveness in skin lightening. You can choose the perfect product from our range of skin lightening creams, gels, devices and pills to kick start your quest for beautiful skin.
How do skin lightening creams work?
Most skin lighteners work by inhibiting the production of melanin in the skin. Melanin is the pigment that gives skin its natural colour. People with darker skin have higher concentrations of melanin, while fair skinned people have lesser concentration of melanin. So, if you have pigmentation or scars that you need to cover, skin lightening products are required and here’s how they work:
- The natural ingredients in skin lightening creams work to improve blood circulation to the skin which in turn improves the skin cell health and turnover.
- UV rays lead to synthesis of the melanin and the ingredients in skin lightening products help regulate that process to bring out an even skin tone.
- Toxic build up in the body can trigger the melanin synthesis causing dark spots or an uneven skin tone. Many skin lightening creams or products are composed of herbal ingredients that reduce the toxins in the body to reduce the amount of melanin and help in skin lightening.
- Melanin keeps accumulating in your skin layers as you age and hence the skin appears darker. Certain ingredients help get rid of these old layers and lighten skin.
- Hydrated skin looks radiant and brighter and hence most skin lightening creams come with extra moisturising properties.
Staying Safe With A Skin Lightening Cream
It's not hard for you to find a skin lightening cream, but finding a good one could be a little challenging. Like any other product, selecting these creams requires you to check certain things before you start using them.
- Contains natural ingredients which restrict the production of melanin in the skin
- Look for skin lightening ingredients like arbutin, kojic acid, emblica extract and Vitamin C
- Follow the instructions given on the label and stop the usage immediately in case of a bad reaction
- Try to avoid creams which contain active ingredients like mercury and other harsh chemicals such as hydroquinone, this could be detrimental to what you're trying to achieve in the long term.
How To Lighten Skin Naturally?
Your skin complexion is a mirror of your health. Maintaining a good skin complexion can make you look beautiful and young always. Here's what you need to achieve a healthier and lighter skin complexion.
5 Tips for maintaining a glowing complexion
Good complexion is a sign of healthy skin and overall well-being. When you have a glowing skin, you look younger and your self-confidence soars naturally. Environmental stress, ageing, photo damage and changing lifestyle all take a toll on your skin and reduce its complexion, leaving you with a dull and dark face. Fortunately there are ways you can lighten your skin and get your youthful glow back.
- There are many creams, lotions and other skincare products available on the market to help keep your skin complexion healthy and vibrant. The best thing about these products is that they're completely natural and are hence safe on the skin.
- Following a skincare routine religiously is imperative if you want a clear skin as it can keep a lot of skin problems at bay while maintaining healthy glow on your skin. Here’s what a good skincare routine must comprise.
- Using a sunscreen daily is as important as cleaning your skin. Sunscreen protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun that are known for causing premature ageing and problems like skin cancer. Here at ShytoBuy you can easily find cleansers, toners and moisturisers that will suit your skin type.
- A diet rich in vitamins and other nutrients is key to beautiful skin that is healthy from the outside as well as the inside. Foods that promote healthy skin include dark green leafy veggies, antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables and healthy fats. Including these foods in your diet can help you get a youthful complexion that you always desired.
- Drinking plenty of water, doing regular exercise and taking 7 to 8 hours of sleep also contribute to a healthy complexion.
The Final Word
Achieving flawless skin is always the ultimate goal of skincare and botanical skin lightening creams help to even the complexion. They're formulated with active ingredients or a combination of ingredients that reduces the amount of melanin in the skin where it's applied. Here at ShytoBuy, we offer a range of natural skin lightening products that help even out areas of pigmentation, discolouration and freckling.