Missing the spark that makes you want to enjoy sexual activity is a prevalent type of Low libido It's affected by physical and hormonal changes in the body, as well as emotions.
This is a common phenomenon observed in women. As many as 43 percent of women experience sexual dysfunction, and the most commonly diagnosed problem amongst it is low female libido.
What Is Female Libido?
Female libido is still a mystery of the female body. Most women’s mood for sex drops as they grow old and if they are in the mood, changes in the body such as vaginal dryness and pain during sex can make intercourse difficult. Many of these women have no problem with having an orgasm. Rather, they have no real desire to have sex and their minds are not turned on by the prospect of love-making. Low female libido can be sorted, but you need to look carefully at the causes of the problem – preferably with the loving cooperation of your partner.
What causes loss of Female Libido?
Don't be embarrassed and certainly don't feel ashamed if you suffer from low female libido. The right cause can help choose the right treatment. Lack of female libido can be of either physical, hormonal or psychological origin which is broadly classified under the following:
- Sexual problems - If you experience pain during sex or an inability to orgasm, it can hamper your desire for sex.
- Medical diseases - Numerous nonsexual diseases can also affect desire for sex, including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases.
- Medications - Many prescription medications are notorious libido killers.
- Lifestyle habits - excess alcohol intake can cause a decrease in sex drive.
- Any surgery, especially one related to your breasts or your genital tract, can affect your body image and desire for sex.
Changes in your hormone levels may alter your desire for sex. This can occur due to:
- Menopause- As women near menopause, levels of estrogen begin to fall, which will lead to irritation, itching, and severe pain during sex, that in turn cause decreased libido.
- Post-baby coolness- this refers to the loss of libido that happens after childbirth and it’s caused by hormonal changes and general trauma that occur at that period.
Apart from the hormonal and physical factors, there are many psychological causes of fall in female libido, which include:
- Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Stress, such as financial stress or work stress
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- History of physical or sexual abuse
- Previous negative sexual experiences
- Lack of connection with your partner
How to overcome low Female Libido?
Fortunately, for many this lack of libido is only temporary. A high proportion of women do eventually achieve a return to normal libido. Some will get over it by themselves, and a lot more can be helped by expert medical or psychosexual advice. If you are also worried that your low libido is making your life difficult, then we at ShytoBuy have several natural libido enhancers and other supplements available that are considered to be beneficial for an average woman who wants to pep up her libido a bit and even the more fun side of trying to raise libido with toys and luxury lubricants. In case one is prone to any allergies, it is best to consult one’s doctor or a sex-expert before trying them out.