What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation also known as early ejaculation, is uncontrolled discharge of semen from the male reproductive tract either before or shortly after sexual penetration. It happens with minimal sexual stimulation and before the person wishes. Premature ejaculation can be different for different individuals. For it to be premature, ejaculation must occur in less than 2 minutes of being aroused during or by vaginal sex, anal or oral sex, masturbation or any kind of physical intimacy and contact.
Premature ejaculation is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction and has probably affected every man at some point in his life. It has been estimated that around 40% of men experience troubles lasting longer in bed.
How Is PE Different From Erectile Dysfunction?
Premature ejaculation is very commonly, wrongly self-diagnosed as erectile dysfunction. Since an erection goes away after final semen discharge, it can be difficult to know if the reason is erectile dysfunction (ED) or premature ejaculation (PE). Both are considered the most common types of sexual dysfunction in men. (Read: Erectile Dysfunction, its causes, prevention and solution)
Below is a table showing the key differences between erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
|Premature Ejaculation||Erectile Dysfunction (ED)|
|Getting an Erection||No difficulty is experienced in getting an erection||Experiences difficulty in getting erection required for sexual intercourse|
|Maintaining an Erection||Erect penis are maintained until ejaculation||Penis soften even before ejaculating or end of intercourse|
|Ejaculation||Occurs earlier than the man wants it to||Tries to ejaculate quickly before an erection is lost or gets soft|
|Who mostly experiences it?||Similar occurrence in men in a broad age group range||More common in older men|
How Common Is Premature Ejaculation In Men?
Premature ejaculation can really chip away your confidence - but if you suffer from this frustrating condition, the important thing to remember is that you’re not alone. Around 1 in 10 men experience this on a regular basis, and it’s the number one sexual complaint among men under the age of 50. In the most severe cases, ejaculation can occur almost immediately after developing an erection, while other sufferers come to an unwanted climax before penetration or just after beginning intercourse.
Signs & Symptoms Of Premature Ejaculation
The common ways to detect premature ejaculation easily include:
- Frequently occurring early ejaculation with little sexual stimulation and with little control
- Ejaculation within 2 minutes of intimacy
- Decreased sexual pleasure because of poor control over ejaculation
- Feelings of guilt, embarrassment or frustration
Diagnosis Of Premature Ejaculation
This is based on typical symptoms. To understand your problem, your doctor will need to discuss your sexual history with you. This is why you need to be frank and open. The more your doctor knows, the better he or she can help you. However, if the sexual history fails to reveal significant mental or emotional factors that may contribute to premature ejaculation, your doctor may want to examine your prostate or perform neurological tests (tests of your nervous system) to determine if there's a physical problem that could be causing premature ejaculation.
Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
Whether it's premature ejaculation or something else, by remaining positive about the situation you can give yourself a much better chance of overcoming its causes. There are plenty of potential causes of premature ejaculation, one of them being an evolutionary theory on human's need to breed. Some believe men have been conditioned to ejaculate quickly because in the past, this was paramount to survival. Tens of thousands of years ago men may have needed to ejaculate as quickly as possible to impregnate a partner before intercourse was interrupted. These days, however, there's a societal expectation that men should be able to sustain an erection, with premature ejaculation considered to be a problem.
The causes of ejaculation problems vary from individual to individual. Broadly, there are many psychological, biological and lifestyle factors which can make a man more prone to early ejaculation. Here we look at all the causes of premature ejaculation in details.
Some doctors believe that there are certain patterns which may play a role in causing premature ejaculation that include:
- Situations in which you may have hurried to reach climax in order to avoid being discovered
- Guilty feelings that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
- Erectile dysfunction where men who are anxious about obtaining or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse may form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate.
- Problems with anxiety either specifically about sexual performance or related to other issues.
- If you have had satisfying sexual relationships with someone else where premature ejaculation happened infrequently or not at all. This could be contributing to the problem between you and your current partner.
A number of biological factors may contribute to premature ejaculation, including:
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters
- Abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system
- Certain thyroid problems
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- Inherited traits
- Nerve damage from surgery or trauma
Alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can cause premature ejaculation by affecting the ability to sustain an erection. Some people use alcohol to gain confidence in bed, but if the intake exceeds a limit, it can affect sexual performance.
Drug use - Recreational drugs increase the risk of sexual problems. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are side-effects of many drugs that are readily used by men.
Tips To Prevent Premature Ejaculation
Maintain a healthy attitude toward sex. If you experience feelings of anxiety, guilt or frustration about your sex life, consider seeking psychotherapy or sexual therapy.
Keep in mind that anyone can experience sexual problems. If you experience premature ejaculation, try not to blame yourself or feel inadequate. Try speaking openly with your partner to avoid miscommunication.
Premature Ejaculation Myths & Facts
Despite being a common sexual concern of men, PE remains an under-detected and under-treated condition largely because it’s surrounded by a lot of prejudices and myths. It therefore becomes important to bust the misconception and reveal the facts about the condition. If you’re among the men who fail to last long enough between the sheets, then you must get your facts right before you seek ways to treat premature ejaculation. Here are few enduring premature ejaculation myths that need to be laid to rest once and for all:
Myth 1: Over-sensitive penis is the main cause of PE
Fact: While genital sensitivity may increase the symptoms of premature ejaculation, it isn’t the real cause behind it. Advanced study of the condition has revealed that PE is a multifaceted medical condition that’s often caused by a lot of inter-related problems like psychological problems, hormonal disorders, impairment of blood circulation and neurological diseases.
Myth 2: Premature ejaculation is a teenager’s issue
Fact: Although premature ejaculation is more common in the 20s and teenage years, men of any age can be affected by it. According to the Sexual Advice Association, early ejaculation affects more than 40% of men at some stage of their life. In fact, many older men experience ejaculation problems due to medical conditions like diabetes, prostate problems, narrowing of the arteries and some neurological conditions.
Myth 3: Stop start technique is the best way to delay ejaculation
Fact: Experts swear by stop and start technique to overcome PE, but most men who experience the problem will agree that it doesn’t work so well. Stopping in between the session usually ends up killing the mood and rhythm of both the partners. In most of the cases, females fail to achieve orgasm if their partners are using stop start technique. So, even if this technique helps delay ejaculation, it will no way improve your overall sexual experience. As an alternative, men can consider using delay sprays to prolong ejaculation.
Myth 4: Masturbating before sex can make you last longer
Fact: Masturbation is partially effective when it comes to dealing with PE, but the benefits are only short term. Many young men use non-stop masturbation to climax as a behavioural technique to last longer between the sheets. Indulging in masturbation regularly before sex can actually worsen your condition as most men lose interest in the real action and suffer from low libido. Also, no clinical trial has proven the effectiveness of this behavioural technique and results vary from person to person.
5 Natural Solutions That Help Delay Ejaculation
Who doesn’t want to go on all night in bed! No doubt, average sex session lasts no more than 10 minutes, but climaxing too early can just spoil all the fun and it can even leave you in an awkward situation. Fortunately there are many ways you can combat premature ejaculation and last longer in bed. Here we discuss some tips that can help you go a few extra minutes in bed and make your sex more pleasurable and satisfying.
1. Stop thinking about it: Performance anxiety is one of the most common reasons behind early climaxing. So, don’t be too worried about lasting longer in bed. Relax and get things out of your head. The more self-confident you feel in bed, the more you'll enjoy the act and higher are your chances of lasting longer. If you start feeling anxious in bed, stop and take a deep breath. Indulge in a conversation with your partner and shift your focus to the act.
2. Squeeze your penis: The most effective and commonly used technique to last longer in bed is to squeeze your penis just below the head when you’re near climax. This immediately reduces the blood flow in your penis and reduces stimulation. With this technique you can easily add 2 to 3 minutes to your act.
3. Change position: Changing sex positions during sex helps to temporarily repress your ejaculatory response. The trick is to withdraw penis and change position as soon as you get aroused and feel like reaching climax. Women-on-top positions are great to reduce stimulation of penis.
4. Use condoms: Wearing condoms is a perfect way to reduce sensations that you get while penetration. This is especially great for men, who climax as soon as they penetrate vagina. You can find desensitizing condoms in the market that making you last longer in bed by numbing your penis.
5. Try premature ejaculation products: You can find a wide range of premature ejaculation products that are designed especially for men, who wish to extend their time in bed. Delay gels, creams, sprays and wipes are simple to use products that can help prolong your time in bed by combating premature ejaculation. Here are things you must know before using delay sprays.
Try these tips to make your sex last longer than ever before. Even if you already spend a decent time in bed, it won’t hurt making it last longer than before.
The Final Word
Men of all ages and with a broad spectrum of sexual experiences can suffer with premature ejaculation. It’s often a disappointing and embarrassing disorder, but with the right attention, you should be able to overcome this sexual hurdle.
Men with premature ejaculation shouldn't be embarrassed about discussing it with their doctor, as it can be helped by a variety of means. There are premature ejaculation tablets which may be helpful, either taken regularly or as needed. Creams or sprays that numb the penis may also be used. Other treatments include certain techniques used during sex, and psychological treatments.
Ultimately, where premature ejaculation is concerned, it’s all about maintaining a positive frame of mind, and nothing should give you greater confidence than the fact that there's a product out there that will get the results you require. Simply choose the option that best suits your requirements.
The products at ShytoBuy have helped millions of men across the globe to enjoy longer-lasting sex and increased confidence in the bedroom. Since many of these products are natural and discreet, no one will ever need to know the secret to your success!