Whether in your 20s and seeking ways to avoid fine lines or in your 50s and want to address wrinkles, we have covered all the information for you in this guide to ageing. So keep reading.
Signs Of Ageing
Signs of ageing can show up at different times in different people. While some may find visible symptoms in their 20s, the fortunate few may not see any signs till late 30s or even 40s. This can have a connection with your genetics and lifestyle. Ageing signs start with pouches under the lower eyelids, fine wrinkles on the outer corners of the lips and eyes, frown lines on the forehead which will keep getting more visible. You may also observe the following ageing signs:
The skin starts losing its natural moisture and oils as you age. The functioning of oil glands slows down making the skin drier. This dryness further leads to fine lines and eye wrinkles.
Dark spots are a result of excess melanin production. As skin ages, the melanin production rises resulting in an uneven distribution of the content in different parts of the skin which may lead to dark spots. Excess exposure to the sun and acne or inflammation can also lead to dark spots.
Elastin and collagen are the main contributors to plump and supple skin. As you age, the production of these vital compounds slows down and leads to sagging around the cheek, jaw and chin area.
Lines and wrinkles
You first notice these fine lines when you see your makeup settling within them. Loss of elastin and collagen can reduce the skin volume which leads to wrinkles and fine lines at the outer corners of your eyes and lips. Frown lines may start appearing on the forehead as you age further.
Constant exposure to harsh makeup products, skincare treatments and unhealthy lifestyle coupled with age steals the glow from your skin and can lead to dull and lifeless skin.
Since the skin around your eyes is thinner, signs of ageing start showing in the form of crow’s feet and droopy eyelids around the eyes first.
What Is Premature Ageing?
As the name indicates, premature ageing means unnatural ageing of the skin. When the skin starts showing ageing symptoms earlier than usual, you may be ageing prematurely. Excessive smoking, ignoring your skin, unhealthy diet habits, and excessive exposure to the sun may accelerate the process of ageing. Few skincare mistakes like excessive use of makeup or no skincare from the past may start catching up at a very early age. All these habits damage the collagen and ceramides present in the skin leading to patches and wrinkles.
At What Age Does The Skin Start Ageing?
Skin starts ageing when the production of collagen slows down or stops and it loses its elasticity. Usually this occurs when you enter your 40s but in some cases, signs of ageing may appear in the 30s too.
Which Skin Type Is More Prone To Ageing?
Is oily skin less prone to wrinkles? Does sensitive skin age early? There are several questions that arise the moment you enter your 40s. The truth is that dry skin is more prone to ageing because dry skin produces less sebum and hence is naturally tight, scaly and less elastic. The dull appearance makes fine lines more prominent and adds more years to your age.
Oily skin may not be prone to early signs of ageing due to the presence of a good amount of oils on the skin, but time will eventually catch up and signs of ageing will start to creep in. So it's best to start early with an anti-ageing skincare routine. Read: Ideal skincare routine for every skin type.
Interesting fact: Women’s skin ages earlier than that of men because the top layer of a man’s skin is thicker than that of women. The collagen content is also high in men which is why wrinkles appear at a later stage in men. (colourful text box)
Anti-Ageing Tips For Men
Men don’t care for the skin as much as women do. But ageing signs are equally concerning for them as for the women. The truth is that you don’t need to wait for the wrinkles to start appearing before you start with a skincare or anti-ageing routine. There is no fountain of youth waiting for you on the other side of your 40s that can magically make you look younger. Taking care of your skin from an early age is one of the best options you have. Try these handy tips if you want to look and feel younger:
- Commit to a skincare routine. Keep your face clean by washing it with a mild cleanser twice daily.
- Cut down on smoking and excess alcohol intake as these easily add years to your appearance.
- Use herbal or organic products for shaving and cleaning your face to avoid the damage caused by harsh chemical based skin products.
- Harmful sun rays can speed up your ageing process. A good sunscreen can regulate collagen production and prevent wrinkles and patchy skin.
- And of course, you might want to reconsider long hours of no sleep. The body needs its time off and you should give it that comfort.
- The body needs rest and you should give that comfort to it. Sleep for 7-8 hours daily so that the skin gets enough time to repair the wear and tear of the cells.
Anti-Ageing Tips For Women
While it's not possible to turn back the clock from head to toe completely, you can reach halfway or close with these handy anti-ageing tips. Ageing is inevitable, but reducing its signs or slowing down the process is possible. A good skincare routine can help prevent problems of patchy skin, dullness, lack of texture, sagging, lines and many more.
- Minimise the usage of chemical laden makeup products. Use makeup sparingly and opt for all natural makeup products to save your skin from damage.
- Diet and skincare have a strong connection. Add 5-6 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables to the daily diet. The antioxidants and vitamins present in them can help rejuvenate skin cells and may reduce the signs of ageing.
- Avoid stress as it can cause hormonal imbalances and lead to breakouts and damage skin cells making it appear dull and lifeless. It also adds to the tension lines on your forehead and around the eyes.
- Stay hydrated as water helps flush out toxins from the body. It also helps retain the natural moisture to prevent dull and dry skin.
- To prevent puffiness under the eyes, under-eye bags, crow’s feet or saggy eyelids, use night eye creams or serums and natural oils.
Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare Solutions
Investing time and money in a good skincare routine is the best investment. After all, your skin is going to represent you for a very long time. Over the past few years, anti-ageing creams and other alternative skincare solutions have seen an increase in popularity as technology has advanced to provide ever-improving results.
However, a plethora of anti-ageing products are available in the market. How many of them are going to suit your skin and show results? It's worth remembering that the majority of anti-ageing products in the market contain harsh agents and chemicals which may help to reduce noticeable signs of ageing in the short-term, but may cause long-term skin damage thanks to the potentially harmful ingredients they contain.
- Anti-ageing creams and oils are packed with collagen-boosting ingredients to help firm mature skin and improve its elasticity.
- Anti-ageing serums are designed with more concentrated formulas of anti-ageing ingredients for better absorption in the skin.
- Under eye creams nourish the area around your eye and may help in preventing and addressing fine lines and crow’s feet.
- Herbal supplements consist of doses of collagen that can encourage the collagen production to repair the skin damage for beautiful, healthy and younger looking skin.
- Liquid beauty supplements such as theproto-col Collagen Shot are packed with vitamins and minerals to provide you with a delicious, drinkable skin care alternative to take care of your complexion.
- The other advanced options include dermal fillers, anti-ageing devices like facial brushes, derma rollers, and skin tightening devices may reduce appearance of wrinkles and tighten the skin to restore your youthful appearance.
At ShytoBuy, our priority is you - and each item in our range contains a unique formula made from a blend of natural ingredients which have been selected for their known effective anti-ageing properties. Prevent noticeable signs of ageing before they even appear and enjoy soft, smooth and youthful-looking skin free of wrinkles, creases and crow’s feet. Of course, if your face is already showing signs of ageing, we stock plenty of items to suit your needs – so whatever you’re looking for, if you’d like to enjoy a younger-looking skin appearance, then ShytoBuy may have a product that suits you.
The Final Word
It's never too late to start an anti-ageing skincare regime. You may start early with using hydrating and exfoliating products to keep the skin supple and young. Or you can start with a full force attack on the problem of ageing with the right type of products.
At ShytoBuy, we agree with the old saying that “you’re only as old as you feel” – but sometimes your body needs a little help to give you the confidence boost you need. All of our anti-ageing products are designed to offer significant anti-ageing effects in order to promote that healthy, revitalised and youthful-looking skin you deserve!
It's essential to remember that even the best anti-ageing products can’t work their magic alone – to get the best out of our products, we strongly recommend using them as part of a healthy lifestyle which includes regular exercise, healthy eating and plenty of rest.
1. Environmental Factors
Damaged hair can occur for a number of reasons. Everyday environmental factors can be a common cause; for instance, the wind can tangle hair around itself and cause the cuticles to scrape off and UV rays that come from the sun can burn the fibre.
2. Using heated hair tools & hair products
Too much styling and heat exposure from using heated tools can weaken the bonds that make up the structure of your hair; pollution can build up on the fibre and cause it to snap and over-colouring (or incorrect colouring) can leave the cuticles permanently open. So remember to be careful when using chemicals or dyes in your hair if you end up using them.
Having a poor diet can also lead to brittle hair. If you can’t get the vitamins and minerals that your body needs for healthy hair, then you’ll be left with a head of fragile and damaged strands. You can opt for damaged hair care products and supplements if you’re a bit low on the levels of nutrients required in your system to boost your hair’s moisture levels.
4. Not drinking enough water
A lack of water or dehydration can also have a negative affect on your tresses. Drinking enough water is essential for healthy hair but you’re definitely not alone when it comes to getting enough H2O into your diet; a lot of us don’t drink enough! It’s recommended that you drink 8 glasses a day according to the NHS so it’s time to drink up to help repair damaged hair!