Silk’n Motion features
- Patented HPL™ technology - one of the safest available
- Ergonomically designed handle for an improved grip
- Safe for all skin colours and almost all hair colours
- 3 sensors for Skin Colour, Touch, and Movement
- Touch & Glide technology for fast use
- Safety for all skin tones with the Auto Energy Adjust System
- Contains 350,000 light pulses for long-lasting use
- Use on the whole body and the face
- For both men and women
- No need to buy replacement cartridges
- 5 energy levels for a personalised experience
- Can be used after sun exposure (energy level 1)
- Just 20 minute sessions on average for the entire body
- No charging needed - just plug it in
- Treatment area of 3 cm² - ideal for bikini line and face
- Storage case included
- 2 year warranty
Patented HPL™ technology
Home Pulsed Light™ or HPL™ is a patented technology that is exclusive to Silk’n. Inspired by IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology, HPL™ is designed to be used at home as a safe way to permanently remove unwanted hair using light pulses. The technology is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis, which is where optical energy is delivered to the skin and absorbed by the dark melanin pigment of the hair. The energy is then transformed into heat which disables the hair follicle for the long-term.
This is used in both HPL™ and IPL technology, however with IPL there is more of a chance of the energy also affecting the surrounding skin as it uses high energy levels for an extended period of time. What makes the HPL™ technology great for home use therefore, is how it uses lower energy levels for a short period of time with peak high power. This limits the energy to the hair follicle and less on the surrounding skin. As a result of this, it makes this technology found in the Silk’n Motion some of the most advanced and safest available today.
Silk’n Motion is designed to be simple and effortless to use, and one way it achieves this is with its ergonomic and compact design. The key feature of it’s design that sets it apart from other permanent hair removal devices is it's convenient handle that provides an improved grip. This makes it easy to use on any part of the body, including those more hard to reach areas. What’s more, the device has a treatment area of 3cm² so that it can be used on even smaller areas such as the bikini line or face.
It’s also big enough though for a quick and easy treatment, with the average being just 20 minutes for the whole body. In addition, it doesn’t even require time-consuming charging; simply plug it in and you can begin straight away.
Touch & Glide technology
To make the Silk’n Motion as easy and quick to use as possible, the device has been simplified and has removed the need for excessive buttons and switches.
It does this by featuring just one button to turn it on/off and to control the power levels and then the device does everything else for you. Thanks to the Touch & Glide technology you can simply just touch and go because as soon as the device is on your skin it will automatically begin giving off pulses.
Safe use for all skin colours
Silk’n understands that men and women with all skin tones and colours can want to remove hair from their body at home, but many often worry about the safety for their skin colour with many other devices. The Silk’n Motion has been designed to be completely inclusive so is suitable and safe to use on all skin colours, even darker skin types.
It can do this thanks to its smart Skin Colour Sensor in combination with its innovative Auto Energy Adjustment System. It works by automatically recognising the skin's colour and tone and then adjusting to the correct and safe energy level for that skin type. This means you don’t have to worry if you have accidentally set the energy level too high as it will lower it for you the second it comes into contact with the skin.
What’s more, alongside the Skin Colour Sensor it also features two more, making three in total. The Touch Sensor can tell when the device is in contact with the skin and will only flash when it is. This is not only beneficial for safe use on the skin, but also for the eyes or those around you as if it is anywhere but the skin it won’t emit flashes. In a similar way, the Movement Sensor can recognise when the device is moving on the skin, so if you pause for too long or stop moving then the device will automatically cease operation. These three automatic sensors makes the Silk’n Motion ideal for not only fitting hair removal into busy schedules but also makes it safe for those unpredictable interruptions that we may all encounter from time to time.
350,000 light pulses
The Silk’n Motion stores exactly 350,000 light pulses so is made to be long-lasting. This means that unlike with so many competitors devices, you don’t need to worry about the extra sneaky costs of buying replacement cartridges just weeks after your initial purchase.
With the average single IPL salon session costing anywhere from £50-£300 for just one body part (and with the average needing 6 sessions), in comparison, the Silk’n Motion with its 350,000 pulses can be a great value for money investment - even for those with thick hair!
Average costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
One-off investment for the whole body
How to use
Before your first session, decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Motion Device
- Storage Case
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Why buy from us?
The range of Silk’n products can be extremely popular, and unfortunately this has resulted in a number of illegitimate companies selling fake versions of their best-selling devices. When buying from us however, you can have peace of mind knowing that you are getting a genuine Silk’n device as we are an official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner. What’s more, you can also be rest assured that if you have any issues, we can work directly with the manufacturer to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Before first use, make sure to read the full user manual provided to fully understand how to use the device and for full information on the product. This device should not be used by children or pregnant/nursing women. It should also not be used on tattoos, permanent makeup or active skin conditions such as eczema. Make sure to keep the device away from water.
At ShytoBuy we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.
100% based on 1 ReviewsLeave a review
I chose this as I like the handle as it makes it easier to hold than the others. Its pretty easy to use and I mostly use it on my legs and underarms. Its pretty quick but I sometimes forget I need to shave first so have to run and do that before. Apart from that I like it and hope I won't need to wax ever again!