Silk’n Glide XpressHome Hair Removal Device Silk'n
As one of the fastest hair removal devices on the market, the Silk’n Glide Xpress is a top choice for those looking for speed and efficiency. An innovation in hair removal technology, this amazing device is equipped with clinically proven HPL™ technology that is unique to Silk’n and is one of the fastest to use on the market, an average full body session is just 20 minutes!
- Patented HPL™ technology
- Full body in typically 20 minutes
- With 300,000 light pulses
- Adjustable speed & energy settings
- For the face and body
- Includes 2 year warranty
Product that you are looking for is no longer available, please select from an alternative below.
Silk’n Glide Xpress Features
- Patented & clinically proven HPL™ technology
- One of the fastest HPL™ hair removal devices
- Full body session in average of 20 minutes
- Adjustable speeds
- 300,000 light pulses - no refill cartridges needed
- Suitable for face and body
- Pulsing & Gliding method
- With five energy settings
- Suitable for darker complexions
- Can be used after sunbathing (on energy setting 1)
- 3 cm² treatment area
- Includes a deluxe carry and travel case
- 2 year warranty
Patented HPL™ Technology
Exclusive to Silk’n, HPL™ (Home Pulsed Light™) is the at-home version of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), a technology used in salons to permanently remove hair using light pulses. Developed from use of over 15 years of IPL, this advanced technology is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis. It works by delivering wide-spectrum optical energy from a device, which is then absorbed by the dark melanin pigments within the hair, and not the lighter pigments of the skin. Within the hair shaft, the energy is then turned into heat which diables the follicle so the hair won’t grow back.
What is so special about the silk’n HPL™ technology in particular though is how it has been optimised to make it as safe as possible and ideal for use at home. The Silk’n Glide Xpress device uses a lower energy level than IPL but with a point of peak high power. This fast pulse duration means it can still be efficient in disabling the hair, but there is less risk for the surrounding skin that may occur with other techniques. This also means less irritation for the skin afterwards, so no need for a cooling gel. As a result, HPL™ technology is some of the most advanced as well as safest home hair removal methods around.
Adjustable Energy Levels
The Silk’n Glide Xpress features 5 different energy settings so that you can control the frequency of the HPL™ flashes with just a touch of a button. Each setting has a different speed, meaning that you can personalise your device to fit your needs as well as skin type and hair colour. This means the choice is completely up to you; choose the number 1 setting for gliding all over the body, if you’re a beginner or if you have a darker skin tone or select the number 5 setting for targeted pulsing on specific areas.
Skin Colour Sensor
When it comes to hair removal devices of this nature, many worry about them being used on darker or changing skin tones. Silk’n understands this and so the Silk’n Glide Xpress features a built-in Skin Colour Sensor. This automatically detects skin tone, so if the area is too dark for the selected setting, the device will not emit any light pulses ensuring safety with use. It also includes a similar safety feature for the eyes so that the device will only emit flashes when in direct contact with the skin so you are protected if it is accidentally aimed anywhere else.
300,000 Light Pulses
The Silk’n Glide Xpress is designed to be long lasting as it contains exactly 300,000 light pulses. This means you’ll never need to worry about buying replacement cartridges or about any sneaky extra costs down the line. This makes it a great long term investment, especially when compared to salon IPL or other hair removal techniques that require a lifelong process. So no matter if you have thin or thick hair or even particularly hairy areas of the body - you’re covered!
Typical Costs For Common Hair Removal Methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Glide Xpress
One-off investment for the whole body
Directions For Use
Before first use, you need to decide which energy level is right for you and your skin by either consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the device box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the socket on the device and then into an electrical outlet
- Prepare the skin by making sure the area is clean, shaved (not plucked, waxed or tweezed), dry and free from any products
- Begin using the device by pressing the control button. It will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will start. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready for use.
- Set the energy level by pressing repeatedly the control button until you reach your chosen level
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When in full contact the ready light will begin to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect your skin colour and if it is on the correct setting it will flash a pulse of light. You may feel a mild sensation of tingling and warmth
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have fully covered the area of skin. When using a higher energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique working in rows, completing one pulse and then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we recommend using the gliding technique, slowly glide over the skin, making one single motion ensuring the device is constantly touching the skin.
- When finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press and then removing the adapter from the socket
For more information on the expected number of sessions needed for different hair colours and skin types as well as more detailed information on how to use your device, consult the user manual.
- Silk’n Glide Xpress device
- User manual Case
- Warranty card
Why Buy With Us?
With so many options out there for products nowadays, it can be difficult to tell who is the real-deal. To make things easier for you, we are an official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner, meaning we only sell genuine devices. This means you can put your mind at ease when buying with us, plus have peace of mind that in the rare case you did have any issue, we can work directly with the manufacturer to get it figured out as quickly as possible.
This device is not suitable for use by pregnant or nursing women, children or those with physical, sensory or psychological capacities or lacking knowledge on using the device. Do not use on permanent makeup, tattoos or areas of active eczema or other skin conditions. If you have a darker skin tone, very light hair or have recently been out in the sun, only use the lowest setting. For more information on using the device, we recommend reading the complete user manual provided.
Silk’n Glide Xpress Home Hair Removal Device
At ShytoBuy we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.
83.33% based on 5 Reviews
* Results may vary from one person to another.