Rosacea is a common skin condition which affects thousands of people in the United Kingdom every year. In previous times, this unfortunate condition would require you to simply suffer in silence – but thankfully, those days are now a thing of the past! Clinically studied ingredients and products are now available for Rosacea right here at ShytoBuy, so you can gain back the confidence that was lost due to this unsightly condition.
When it comes to skin care, we know that every customer is unique. That's why our formulations are designed for various skin conditions and contain soothing, and hydrating properties that can help with the appearance of your skin. Products work harmoniously with your body's natural defences, helping to facilitate skin recovery.
All Products In This Category
Do you find yourself asking, how do I find a way to get rid of redness on my face? Many suffer from facial redness, sometimes referred to as rosacea, which can result in red spots, a red rash or red blotches on the face. With so many of us looking to reduce the appearance of these worries, it’s no surprise that serums, ointments, cleansers, creams, lotions and washes are being developed and released onto the market, aspiring to aid you in the process of targeting the aspects of your facial appearance you worry about.
Sometimes it can be tricky trying to buy rosacea skin products as you’re not too sure if they’ll actually help you. Here at ShytoBuy, you can be confident in knowing that our rosacea skin products consist of only the finest natural ingredients to truly take care of your skin concerns. Take a look at what we have available to look after your complexion.
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a long-term skin condition that mainly affects the face. It's more common in women and people with lighter skin, but symptoms can be worse in men. One of the first signs of rosacea include redness (blushing) across your nose, cheeks, forehead and chin that comes and goes. Another sign of it is a burning or stinging feeling when using water or skincare products. To find out all you need to know about this skin condition, you can read our handy guide for more information.
Signs of Rosacea
- Persistent skin discolouration: This may look like a blush or sunburn that doesn’t go away. It happens when hundreds of tiny blood vessels near the surface of the skin expand.
- Skin thickening: The skin may get thicker from excess skin tissue. This usually affects the nose and can cause rhinophyma, which affects men much more than women.
- Flushing: This occurs when the face temporarily darkens. It may spread from the face down to the neck and chest, and the skin may feel uncomfortably hot.
- Skin bumps and pimples: Small, red, acne-like bumps might develop that may contain pus.
- Visible blood vessels: Also called spider veins or telangiectasia, this commonly affects the cheeks, bridge of the nose, and other central parts of the face.
- Eye irritation: People may have irritated, watery, or bloodshot eyes. The eyelids can become red and swollen (blepharitis), and styes are common. Rosacea affects the eyes in around 50% of people with the condition. Vision can become blurred but this is very rare.
What Causes Rosacea?
It's not known what causes rosacea, but some triggers can make symptoms worse. It may also be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. Common triggers for rosacea include:
1. Heat: External heat as well as heat generated in the body can cause your blood vessels to dilate, increasing the blood flow to the skin surface and can therefore trigger Rosacea.
2. Weather: Spending too much time in the sun generates heat in the body and can flare up facial flushing. Sensory nerves can also be affected by UV rays which can dilate your blood vessels that aggravates facial redness. Extreme cold weather, strong winds and excess humidity can also cause facial flushing as they activate dilation in blood vessels.
3. Diet: Particular foods and drinks that generate heat in the body are also common triggers of skin redness. The likes of caffeine in tea and coffee, meats and spicy food are most likely the culprits!
4. Exercise: Any form of exercise can result in instant flushing as this causes heat to be produced in the body and therefore affects your blood vessels.
5. Stress: It's one of the leading causes of facial redness as it causes strain on the nerves and may cause blood vessels to expand.
6. Genetics: Many people with rosacea have a close relative with the condition, especially of those people who have fair skin or blush easily. This means that there may be an inherited or genetic component.
Different Types Of Rosacea
- Subtype 1, known as erythematotelangiectatic rosacea (ETR), is associated with facial redness, flushing, and visible blood vessels.
- Subtype 2, papulopustular (or acne) rosacea, is associated with acne-like breakouts, and often affects middle-aged women.
- Subtype 3, known as rhinophyma, is a rare form associated with thickening of the skin on your nose. It usually affects men and is often accompanied by another subtype of rosacea.
- Subtype 4, is known as ocular rosacea, and its symptoms are centered on the eye area.
How Can I Get Rid Of Facial Redness?
Red bumps, frequent flushing, dilated blood vessels around the cheeks and swelling around the nose are clear indications of facial redness and rosacea. If left untreated, this chronic skin condition can also result in a bulbous nose and a burning sensation in the eyes, followed by frequent flare-ups. Though facial redness is a cosmetic problem, it can also become a source of emotional distress for some. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you at ShytoBuy!
Natural Creams & Ointments
If you’re looking for a skincare product for rosacea then we’ve got just the thing. Using a natural ointment is a great way to manage facial redness. Emuaid or EmuaidMAX are natural ointments that both use a powerful blend of 15 ingredients to provide you with a choice of 2 targeted strengths for your skin’s needs. They work to naturally hydrate and soothe your skin to help you aspire for the complexion you deserve. This makes these ointments a brilliant alternative to expensive surgery or laser treatment and a much more convenient solution that you can use from the comfort of your own home.
To work alongside these natural treatments, you can also follow these methods to really make the most out of them:
- avoiding direct sunlight and remember to wear sunscreen
- avoiding drinking alcohol
- eating less spicy foods
- taking eye medicines and antibiotics for ocular rosacea
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that can be difficult to live with but there are many ways to deal with it. There isn’t a cure for rosacea, but you can manage it with natural solutions and lifestyle changes. Rosacea affects everyone differently and it can take time to figure out how to manage your condition. To stop an outbreak from happening we recommend speaking with your doctor to develop a treatment plan and avoid your triggers. Just remember that you’re not the only one who will be affected by skin redness and ShytoBuy’s facial redness range is here whenever you need some help!