What causes dark circles?
Dark circles, wrinkles and fine lines can ruin the beauty of your eyes and occur commonly as you age. This is because the skin around the eyes is thinner than the skin on your face and it also lacks oil glands. This means that there is no protection for the skin around the eyes and hence, it easily loses elasticity and firmness. Blood vessels become more visible and give a dark tinge to the under eye area resulting in dark circles.
The causes of dark eye circles, puffed eyes and wrinkles go way beyond tiredness or lack of sleep. Following are some other causes you must be aware of:
- As the skin loses its elasticity after the age of around 40, the blood vessels start to show through the thin skin leading to the discolouration of skin under the eyes.
- Dark circles can be hereditary too. If your parents have dark circles or sunken eyes, you are likely to have those too.
- Excessive rubbing of eyes or area around it can damage the capillaries and blood vessels in the under eye area and cause puffiness, inflammation and may make the skin dark. The itchiness around your eyes can be due to some allergies that are often a result of some makeup or eye products.
- Dark circles can also be a result of hyperpigmentation and is usually caused in dark skinned people. UV rays can also cause pigmentation and may darken the under eye area.
When should I start my eye care regime?
A recent study revealed that dark circles and eye bags can make women look up to five years older than they are. Eye skin care is essential if you want to maintain the beauty of your eyes and look young. People usually believe that eye care must begin after 40 when your skin starts developing wrinkles. But, experts advise that eye care should be a part of your skin care regime, no matter what your age is. This not only keeps your eye area free from dark circles and puffiness, but it will also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in older age.
Tips for younger looking eyes
Before dark circles start affecting your appearance, you need to address the issue. Here are some everyday eye care tips you can follow for radiantly beautiful eyes:
- Start with basic care like removing eye makeup before sleeping. Cleansing them properly with gentle cleanser and applying moisturising eye cream.
- While you use eye skin care products, it is essential to adopt lifestyle changes that keep your skin healthy from inside.
- Drink plenty of water, quit smoking and wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful sun rays.
- Modify your diet to include foods which are rich in vitamins C and E can help to protect and strengthen skin.
- Take proper sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours a day.
- Moisturising every day and applying sun cream before being exposed to sunlight are easy and effective ways to protect skin from UV rays and keep it hydrated.
- Consider using natural eye packs. You can place cold spoons and slices of cucumbers under your eyes to reduce the puffiness.
- When it comes to choosing the right eye care product, you must be very careful. Any wrong product can cause complications and ocular problems. Here at ShytoBuy, we have a wide range of eye skin care products that are completely natural, safe and use high quality ingredients.
Solutions for dark circles or under-eye bags
The appearance of dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes are tell-tale signs of ageing. With advances in modern cosmetic technology and the help of modern scientific research a range of gentle but powerful eye-care solutions are available. These products are aimed at rejuvenating tired or sagging skin around the eyes and lighten the appearance of discolouration.
Skin lightening creams: All-natural skin lightening creams can work towards lightening the pigmentation marks and hydrate the skin under the eyes.
Serums: By harnessing traditional herbal ingredients in higher concentration, under eye serums nourish the area to lighten the appearance of dark circles.
Under eye patches: These were once made popular by celebrity chef Nigella Lawson and have seen an increasing popularity ever since as they are known to reduce dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
Advanced treatments: Cosmetic and injectable fillers can help in reducing puffiness and fine lines. Laser treatments aim at fixing the broken blood vessels and reduce the appearance of dark circles. These might offer quick results but can lead to long-term issues – so it’s important to make an informed decision on the right eye-care solution for you.
Whilst these treatments can have a great impact, it’s important to be aware that simple lifestyle changes can also give your eyes a more youthful appearance. Drinking plenty of water, quitting smoking and altering your diet improve your under eye skin internally while the application of moisturiser and sun cream offer protection from UV rays and dehydration to the under eye skin.
The final word
If you want to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful, it’s important that you look after it properly. We advise that you avoid the use of strong soaps which can dehydrate the skin. Moisturising daily can help keep the skin moist and supple, preventing the appearance of wrinkles. It is also important to remember that one of the key factors in the ageing effect on the skin is stress – try to ensure your daily life is as stress-free as possible, and you should notice significant benefits in your complexion!
Ultimately, the key to enjoying smooth, soft and young-looking skin is in your hands. Have a look at our range of eye-care products, which have been specially selected to help promote a healthy complexion. At ShytoBuy we offer a fabulous selection of all-natural eye-care products which allow you to target tired or ageing skin gently.