Silk’n Glide Unisex features
- The first HPL™ hair removal device for both men and women
- Includes Silk'n Cleansing Box for hygienic sharing
- Patented HPL™ technology for safe hair removal at home
- Full-body session in less than 20 minutes
- Produces 200,000 light pulses - no need for refills
- For both the body and face
- Pulsing and gliding methods for quick and easy use
- Features five energy settings for different needs
- Safe for darker complexions with the Skin Colour Sensor
- Can be used after sunbathing (energy setting 1)
- 3 cm² treatment area for smaller areas of skin
- No need for charging - just plug in and go
- Travel friendly storage case for safe-keeping
- 2 year warranty included
Silk’n Cleansing Box
Cleaning your Silk’n Glide Unisex between uses and especially when sharing is important. Using a cleaning cloth alone can remove visible particles and dirt, but it may not remove everything on a microbial level. For this reason, Silk’n included the Silk’n Cleansing Box, a clever little device that can thoroughly cleanse your Silk’n Glide Unisex in less than 6 minutes. Based on using blue LED lights that can help to protect the device against unwanted bacteria, the Cleansing Box is quick and easy to use and is a simple mess-free way to clean your device. Never before seen on the market, this smart device makes sharing hygienic so is the perfect addition to the Silk’n Glide Unisex.
Patented HPL™ technology
HPL™ (Home Pulsed Light™) is exclusive to Silk’n and is one of the safest at-home permanent hair removal technologies available. Designed as a compacted version of salon IPL™, this innovative technology works on the theory of selective photothermolysis. This is where optical energy is emitted to the skin but is only absorbed by the dark melanin pigment of the hair. Once absorbed, the energy then transforms into heat which disables the hair shaft so that the follicle cannot grow back.
With IPL™ found in salons, the optical energy is exposed to the skin at a high level for a long period of time. This can work to remove the hair follicles but also has a high risk of affecting the surrounding skin. With HPL™, the energy levels are at a low level for safety but with a point of peak high power to still be efficient at hair removal. This is what makes it some of the safest at-home permanent hair removal technology around.
5 power levels
Everyone's skin is different and have different needs, which is why the silk’n Glide Unisex has 5 different adjustable power levels. Each level has a different speed per setting meaning that you can personalise the setting for you. If you are just starting out or have a darker skin tone then you can select a lower setting or if you are looking for a fast session then the highest.
Safe for darker complexions
When it comes to permanent hair removal devices, many unortunatly aren’t suitable for darker skin tones. Silk’n however, understand that all different tones can want to remove hair from their body so designed the Silk’n Glide Unisex to be safe for a wider range of skin colours than many other devices. This means that even when sharing, you can have different skin tones but still only need one device - all you have to do is alter the settings.
As an extra safety feature included with the device, the Silk’n Glide Unisex has a Skin Colour Sensor so that the moment it comes into contact with the skin it will automatically read the skin's colour and not work if it is too dark for the current setting. This means that if you are unsure of which setting to use for your skin colour, if you have accidentally pressed the wrong one or if your skin tone changes such as with tanning, you are still completely safe with using the device. A similar safety feature it also includes is a sensor that can tell when the treatment area is in contact with the skin and will only emit light pulses when it is. This ensure safety for those around you and for your eyes so you don’t need to worry if you have an interruption or if you are moving from one body part to another.
200,000 light pulses
When buying a device like this, you want it to be long lasting, especially if you are sharing it. This is why the Silk’n Glide Unisex contains a massive 200,000 light pulses, meaning no need to continuously buy refill cartridges. This makes it great value for your hard earned money, especially when you compare it to a single IPL session at a salon - and that's just for one of you! Plus, as it is designed for home use, it means less time spent at the salon and more time at home.
Average costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Glide Unisex
One-off investment for the whole body
Directions for use
Before your first session, you need to decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Glide Unisex Device
- Silk’n Cleansing Box
- 2 LR03 (AAA) Batteries
- Cleaning Cloth
- Storage Case
- 2 User Manuals
Why buy from us?
When buying your Silk’n Glide Unisex you are investing in quality and so expect a genuine device. With so many fake companies out there, we offer reassurance and trust with your purchase by being an Official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner so you know you are getting the real thing. Additionally, this also means that if in the rare case you have any issues with your device, we can work directly with the manufacturer to get it resolved as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
As when using any new device for the first time, we always suggest reading through the full user manual provided. This device should not be used by pregnant women or children and should not be used on tattoos, permanent makeup or areas of active skin conditions such as eczema. If you have tanned or dark skin or have recently been exposed to the sun (including artificial tanning machines), only use energy level 1. Keep the device away from water and liquids.
At ShytoBuy we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.