Silk’n Glide Unisex features
- Hair removal device for men and women
- Patented HPL™ technology for safe home hair removal
- Can be used on the face and body
- No need for refills with 100,000 light pulses
- Easy and quick use with pulsing and gliding
- 20 minute average full body session
- Skin Colour Sensor for optimum safety
- Five different energy settings
- Even for use after sunbathing (energy setting 1)
- 3 cm² treatment area for hard to reach areas
- No need to wait for charging
- Handy travel-friendly storage case
- 2 year warranty
Patented Home Pulsed Light (HPL)™ technology
Completely exclusive to Silk’n, HPL™ or Home Pulsed Light™ technology has been designed to be one of the safest permanent hair removal technologies available for home use. Based on IPL™ used in salons, this smart technology works by the theory of selective photothermolysis. This is where a form of optical (light) energy is emitted onto the skin but only absorbed by the darker melanin pigments found in the hair. Once it’s been absorbed by the hair, the energy is transformed into heat which can disable the hair shaft, resulting in the hair not being able to grow back.
With traditional salon IPL™, the light energy that is emitted to the skin is generally at a high level and for a long period of time. This can be useful for tackling the hair follicle, but then can also have a high risk of also affecting the surrounding skin, especially for those with darker tones and more melanin pigmentation. With Home Pulsed Light™ technology however, it uses a lower energy level but with a point of peak high power so that the hair can still be targeted but the skin is more safe. As a result of this, it makes it some of the safest permanent hair removal technology for home use available.
5 adjustable power levels
Silk’n understands that everyone’s skin is different and so therefore has different needs, so why use a device that one has just one setting? With the Silk’n Glide Unisex, you have 5 adjustable power levels to choose from, with a higher intensity with each. This means you can personalise the device for you and ensure you are using it safely for your skin colour. It also means that if you are a beginner or have a darker skin tone, you can use the lower energy level or if you are used to the device and are looking for a speedy session, the highest.
Skin Colour Sensor - safety for darker complexions
Silk’n believe that permanent hair removal should be safe for as many different people as possible, so with the Silk’n Glide Unisex, thanks to its advanced technology and unique safety features, it is suitable for more skin tones and hair colours than your regular device. This makes it particularly useful for when sharing, as you can have varying hair and skin colours and still just need to invest in the one device - all you’ll need to do is simply change the settings.
For extra safety when using the device, the Silk’n Glide Unisex has a one of a kind safety feature, a Skin Colour Sensor. It works by automatically reading the skin's colour when it is contact with the skin and can recognise when the skin is too dark for the current setting selected. If this is the case, it will immediately stop emitting light pulses so that you can use the device and not have to worry about it ever being unsafe for your skintone. This can be especially useful for newbies that are unsure of which setting to use and those whose skin colour may change such as with tanning.
An additional feature included for optimum safety is a sensor that can detect when the treatment area is in contact with the skin. With this feature, it will only emit light pulses when the device is in complete contact, so if you’re moving the device from one area to the other or are interrupted and move the device, your skin, eyes and those around you are still completely safe.
100,000 stored light pulses
When you buy a home permanent hair removal device, especially one to share, you want it to be long lasting. For this reason, the Silk’n Glide Unisex has a massive 100,000 light pulses stored in each device - so no need to worry about the extra expense of buying refill cartridges after just a few uses. As a result, this can make it great value for your money, in particular when you compare this one off investment to the price of just a single salon IPL session. What makes it even better, is also that as it is a safe to use home device, that means less time spent out at the salon and more time at home doing the things that are important to you.
Typical costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Glide Unisex
One-off investment for the whole body
How to use
Before having your first session with your Silk’n Glide Unisex, you should to decide which energy level is right for you and your skin consulting the skin colour chart above, on the manual or on the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the user manual provided for more information for use on different skin or hair colours, on the expected number of sessions needed for different types of hair and also more detailed information on how to use the device.
- Silk’n Glide Unisex Device
- Storage Case
- User Manual
Why choose to buy from us?
When you buy a Silk’n device, you are investing in quality. As a result of this you would of course expect a genuine and premium-made device. With all the fake companies around, it can be difficult to know who to trust, so to alleviate any uncertainties we can guarantee delivery of a genuine device through being an Official Silk’n Premium Partner. With this, you can have reassurance that you are receiving the real thing, and what’s more, if in the rare case that you have any issues with your device, it also means we can work straight with the manufacturer to get it sorted as quickly as possible.
Before using your Silk’n Glide Unisex for the first time, as with any new device, we recommend reading through the entire user manual that is provided. This device is not intended for use by women who are pregnant as well as children. It should also not be used on active skin conditions such as eczema plus tattoos or permanent makeup. If you have dark skin, have recently tanned or have been exposed to the sun (including use of artificial tanning machines), use the device on energy level 1 only. Make sure to keep the device away from liquids and water.
At ShytoBuy we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.
86.67% based on 3 ReviewsLeave a review
I believe this is a good product and my husband uses it too as he is a swimmer
Me and my husband have been using Silk’n for years but always had to have our own devices! We bought this along with the cleansing box seperate (we didnt see the deal with it before!) and it has saved us so much money! Instead of two devices we now have one and we can just share it!
Excellent. I still have no hairs after 2 months of use regularly, following the instructions.