Ageing and hair pigmentation
Hair pigmentation is regulated by multiple biological factors including nutrients and microelements that are naturally provided by the body. With time the normal pigment production slows down and this results in the natural greying process. When greying occurs, the extent of it depends on a number of factors including genetics, environment, stress, smoking, ultraviolet exposure and an unbalanced diet. For many people, greying may begin in their thirties, however around 74% of men and women won’t go significantly grey until between the ages of 45 and 65. For many that dislike their grey hair they can try to cover it with hair dyes, however this can be time consuming and the colour will quickly grow out. This is why more and more people are turning to natural supplements created for hair pigmentation that work to help the hair itself rather than just covering it up.
- UV Exposure
- Unbalanced Diet
The company behind Melaniq®, Oxford Biolabs, define themselves on pursuing the development of scientifically tested and drug-free products that are backed with world-class research. Melaniq® is no exception to this high standard. Based on their extensive expertise creating one of Europe's best-selling hair supplements, the team at Oxford Biolabs created Melaniq® as a safe and naturally based supplement designed to fight the signs of hair ageing. It does this by using carefully selected ingredients that has been chosen for their potential to help nourish the hair and maintain hair pigmentation. It then focuses these in their optimal concentrations in each and every capsule to provide a high-quality and scientifically tested food supplement for men and women with greying hair.
To use, simply take three capsules a day with food and water. We suggesting having one in the morning, at noon and in the evening (with each of your main meals). Each bottle of Melaniq® contains 90 capsules so is 1 months supply.
The Melaniq® capsules have been scientifically formulated with ingredients known to support normal pigment production in the hair follicles and provide nutrients for melanin biosynthesis and the promotion of healthy hair. The Melaniq® formula is also naturally-based, meaning each ingredient can be found naturally in the foods we eat. These are typically used in greater concentrations and purity than found in nature though to make the formula the best it can possibly be.
Normally found in foods such as whole grains, nuts and leafy greens, Copper is considered to be very beneficial for the body. For the hair it can be very useful as Copper contributes to normal hair pigmentation. There has also been studies conducted into the link between greying hair and low Copper concentration levels. Click here for more.
This useful vitamin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. What’s more, experimental evidence seems to support the hypothesis that oxidative stress plays a major role in the ageing process. Several studies have also investigated the link between oxidative stress and greying hair. Find out more.
This popular ingredient is commonly found in oral and topical product formulations. This is because Green Tea is rich in catechins which are known for their revitalising properties for the scalp. The link between polyphenolic compounds in Green Tea and healthy and strong hair has also been widely studied. Find out more on this here.
Not only does Biotin contribute to the maintenance of normal hair, as a water-soluble vitamin it is also an essential cofactor for several important enzymes. Dietary deficiency of this important cofactor has been associated with unhealthy hair, making Biotin a very important vitamin. Discover more on this research here and here.
As one of the pigments in a large family of plant pigments known as Carotenoids, Lycopene is responsible for the red-pink colours seen in tomatoes, pink grapefruits and other foods. They can also be useful for the body; Lycopene and Carotenoids properties have been investigated in a number of studies, with a focus on their potential antioxidant activity. Find out more here.
As part of a group of fat-soluble micronutrients, Vitamin D3 is known to contribute to normal absorption of Calcium, Phosphorus and to other biological functions. The most important compound of Vitamin D is D3 or Cholecalciferol. A lack of vitamin D3 has been shown in scientific studies to potentially have a role in premature greying hair. Click here for more.
The pigment melanin is found in the skin, eyes and hair and is produced through a process called melanogenesis (from greek “creation”). L-Tyrosine, an important amino acid, can be beneficial for this process and it has been studied for its bioregulatory activity and its positive role in the melanogenesis process. Click here for more information on this.
Full list of ingredients
Green Tea Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Capsule Shell Pullulan, L-Tyrosine, Ascophyllum Nodosum, Quercetin, Dihydrate, Magnesium Salts of Fatty Acids (Separating Agent), Copper gluconate, Lycopene, Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid, D-Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin.
As Melaniq® is made using the finest natural ingredients and is based on solid scientific research, it is safe to take with no known side effects. This product is suitable for vegetarians and contains no gluten, artificial colours or preservatives. It is also drug-free and not tested on animals. This product is not for use by children or pregnant and lactating women.
Product Rating (85% based on 8 Reviews)
Post a Review Click here
Service Rating (91.35% based on 872 )
* I have been using this product for around 8 months now and I have seen a significant improvement. I can see that my greying has gone from what I would say 30% to around 5% and its hardly noticeable anymore. If you expecting all your grey hairs to disappear overnight this isn't for you and I would suggest getting a hair transplant.
* Amazing for my hair. seemed to really work for me and I would hope so with what I have researched pre-purchase! very happy, well done oxford biolabs and shy for selling!
* 5*, bought 4 times.
* I have been using this with the iGrow that i also pruchased from shytobuy and i can see a major improvement in my hair loss and greying. My regime consists of washing my hair with DS labs hair loss products (such as spectral) and then I take the supplements and when I get home use the igrow. In 7 months I can't believe its all paying off. I would recommend this anti greying product though as I haven't been impressed by any other than this! I will give 4* though as it can be a bit expensive, but I suppose this is what you pay for when it works.
* Excellent, arrived safely and quick as well
* I am a woman and have been using this product for 3 months now and I am experiencing some great visible signs of change. My hair is long and i needed to get the grey out and this has really pushed it to be better. Well done BIOLABS!
* I have been using this with the rest of the TRX2 range and its nothing short of a bloody miracle!! It's slow but effective and long lasting.