Men and women suffering from acne tend to make various mistakes while dealing with it. These mistakes often make the situation worse and make it more difficult for them to get rid of acne. Most people try to deal with the problem all by themselves while the best acne solution is to consult your dermatologist and seek expert advice. In case, you are not able to make an appointment with an expert, your local GP can also advice you regarding acne treatment and prevention.
From buying acne product to acne prevention, there are some common suggestions that most experts give for acne treatment. Here we have listed some of those recommendations in form of acne do’s and don’ts:
- Eat healthy – Diet has a lot to do with the health of our skin. A healthy diet is considered a key to clear and gorgeous skin. Hence, it makes sense to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Also drink a lot of water to detoxify your system and keep acne at bay.
- Manage stress – It is believed that if you bother about blemishes they tend to get worse. This is because stress is one of the major causes of acne. So, if you want to get of it, take a deep breath and try to find a solution rather than just crying over it. Control your stress to control your acne.
- Pick right acne products – With a wide range of acne solutions on the market, choosing the right product can be a bit difficult. Most people believe that expensive products are more effective. However, it is possible to find effective and safe acne treatment products that fit your budget. You just have to know what your skin actually needs.
- Adopt right skincare routine – Besides cleaning and toning, exfoliating and moisturising your skin must be a part of your skincare routine if you want a clear skin. Regular exfoliation helps improve skin turnover rate, while moisturising helps strengthen the skin.
- Wait for acne to go away – Some people think that acne is a skin condition that just goes away naturally with time. But this happens only in extremely rare cases. For most people, untreated acne problem end up becoming worse. So, don’t just ignore your blemishes. Get up and find ways to get a clear skin.
- Conceal the spots – Using make-up to cover the acne is a temporary solution. It hides the problem only for a particular occasion. But some people use it every day to hide their blemishes. It is essential to note that chemically laden make-up products can actually aggravate the acne and make things worse for you.
- Pop and squeeze the pimple – It is common to see people popping and squeezing pimples. But, it only pushes the bacteria deeper in to the skin pores, making the pimples come back. Don’t prick and pop the acne ever.